Are you interested in learning how to Paint with Oils?
I am currently offering Private Lessons in Basic Oil Painting in my studio at the Millworks, Harrisburg PA
Here are some of the topics we will cover:
- Materials – explanation of all materials; paints, mediums, brushes, palette, painting surfaces (sub-straights), brush care
- How to Prep for a painting – palette set-up, sub-straight prep, subject matter, composition and design
- How to Start a painting – painting from real life or from photographs and how to begin each; we cover multiple start methods depending on subject matter and style of painting
- Using Mediums – what are mediums and how to use them in oil painting
- Value and Color Theory – the importance of both and how to accomplish realism with value and color
- Mixing Paint – how to mix tube paints to get the colors you need
- Applying the Paint – how to apply the paint to your surface efficiently and effectively
- Layering Methods – how to apply layers to achieve a realist style of painting for still life, portraits, and landscapes
- Finishing – varnishing, framing, and display ideas for your finished work
I ask you to make a commitment of six Two Hour Lessons to cover all the basic information I have to share with you. This does not have to be consecutive weeks, day and evening lesson times are available and scheduling is flexible.
I will instruct you how to use MY methods of Basic Oil Painting. This instruction is for Beginner to Advanced Students to learn many of the valuable skills that I practice everyday in oil painting.
Please inquire about the very affordable price of these lessons.
I assure you that I can help you learn the basic skills of oil painting, brush up on what you used to know about oil painting, help you focus your oil painting in a new direction!!! A supply list will be provided prior to the first lesson.